Who has never bought a brand new saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can say I have never purchased a new saw. The closest saw to new I purchased was my 461 which had only a couple tank ps of gas ran through it.

I have a whole fleet of professional grade Swedish chainsaws, not one of them have I bought new. Most are 10 years old or older. My newest is a jonsered 2260 which I like very much.
Sometimes I get tired of fixing them up and just want to cut wood and those days I consider buying a brand new one.

Can't say I have:(

My first saw was a MS460. After about 3 months I sold it

My second was a new 346, still have it.

Since then I found this site. I'll never buy another new one again unless I can get one for the price of a non runner.

I have never bought a new saw for myself. I did go to the store and purchase Dad's Husky 50 with his money around 1988. Traded a little poulan, SXLAO Homy + $100. Side note, I've never purchased a lawn mower for myself, always hand me downs and garage sale stuff.

They sell NEW saws! Well crap, why am I dealing with this
71e7dfd15d4c557c55b024b8cd2eaa2c.jpg

Nope. Too damn expensive. I would, if I used them to make a living. I can't justify buying new saws, since this is just a hobby for me.

I've never purchased a new saw but still have a Stihl 026 by dad bought new so I could cut up a large fallen tree. (hey, it was bigger than the Skill 1616 we were trying to do it with). I've purchased over 150 used ones though.

Of course I don't have them all, you think there's something wrong with me?

Back