Who makes Husqvarna labelled bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip4664

Lover of 2 strokes
Reaction score
Curious who makes bars on for Husqvarna? My 395XP was supplied with a 24" .058 gauge bar that says Made in Canada. The steel does not look or feel nearly as high quality as the Tsumura that came with my Jonsered. Going to put a 28" Tsumura on it anyway, but was curious who makes the Husky labelled bars.

Also, I know Tilton/Total is a source for Tsumura bars, but anyone know where can find them with "Tsumura" labels on them? I have seen them on various peoples saw pics on the site. The ones from Total in my area either say Total or Jonsered.

Oregon, allthough they were having some trouble keeping up and I believe I heard of a Husky bar plant in China....

I have couple older ones that are Windsors.

Some newer ones I have are Oregons.

I agree with RamRod..!!

Almost always..Oregon......but if behind...China

At least that's what I have read on the internet..??
:cheers:
J2F

The steel does not look or feel nearly as high quality as the Tsumura that came with my Jonsered.

You can tell the quality of a bar by looking at it and feeling it?

Hmm, can you teach me how to do that? I think with that ability I could make some big bucks in the quality control field. :hmm3grin2orange:

Now to your question, like has been said, there mostly Oregon now days. Some have been made by GB (and maybe others) in the past and like Niko says there is a bar factory in Norway.

Dont know where these guys come up with the China remarks...

Hmm, can you teach me how to do that? I think with that ability I could make some big bucks in the quality control field. :hmm3grin2orange:

Now to your question, like has been said, there mostly Oregon now days. Some have been made by GB (and maybe others) in the past and like Niko says there is a bar factory in Norway.

Great post Mark, I have a few OEM bars made by GB, but most I see are made by Oregon.
I haven't seen any Chinese bars though, if there were any, I'd imagine they would come from the same place the fake 372/365's come from.

Yes, a lot of the laminated bars, and the TechLite bars, are made by Husky in Norway. :msp_smile:

As far as telling the quality of the bar by feeling at it, looking at it, Yes. To a certain degree. Of course its subjective without a chem analysis of the steel or knowing exactly what finishing processes the steel went through. However, the Tsumura appears/feels more dense, rigid, and a smoother grain to the steel.

I agree with RamRod..!!

Almost always..Oregon......but if behind...China

At least that's what I have read on the internet..??
J2F
The way I read / interpreted it off another website was that if Oregon..!! - NOT Husky...

Got behind on their bars for Husky that Oregon (not Husky) would get some quick from China.

Husky would NOT be in on the play in any way of this and thus..."so none the wiser"..!!

And coming off the internet..and not as reputable a site as this one..the statement should be taken with a grain of salt..!!

The jest off the statement I read was that Oregon didn't want Husky to find out they were having short term problems..??
J2F

As far as telling the quality of the bar by feeling at it, looking at it, Yes. To a certain degree. Of course its subjective without a chem analysis of the steel or knowing exactly what finishing processes the steel went through. However, the Tsumura appears/feels more dense, rigid, and a smoother grain to the steel.

So thats what I thought, you cannot tell for sure by looking at it. Thanks for the explanation.

It is getting thick in here......dense, smoother grain to the steel, rigidness tells the quality of the steel.

dense: cannot tell if it is more dense by feel, plus more dense doesn't equate quality

smoother grain: someone at the factory used a finer buffing wheel. Want a swirl finish? get an angle die grinder and a buffing wheel

rigid: you did a deflection test in your hand....WOW...you're good

i guess you must be a top notch metallurgist to touch a bar to see its quality. You should be working at Oregon or Tsumura checking incoming steel, would save them a lot of money

bob

i didn't check it close but i just got a brand new 24" large mount huskie bar for 55 shipped a couple of weeks ago

I'm sure that at least 99.9% of the Husky branded bars are either made by Husky themselves, or by Oregon, more likely 100.0% by today....

I've put hundreds of hours on Oregon and Husky bars and have no complaints at all. They hold up just fine, if you know what you are doing.

I have not heard of Husky having bars made in China, but since someone read it on the internet, it must be true...:msp_rolleyes:

Back