"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if it counts but I picked up what I thought was a locked up husqvarna 136. Turns out a piece had been broken off and wedged behind the starter. After I pulled that out poured fresh fuel in it started. Needs fuel lines though. So $5 and fuel lines I got a new limb sawView attachment 497251 View attachment 497252 View attachment 497253

Your Husqvarna is a re-badged Poulan. And there's nothing wrong with that (unless you get tricked into paying Husqvarna prices). It's a marketing thing, Husky puts their name and prices on some homeowner Poulan models. Folks can get the same models cheaper as Poulan and Craftsman.

Back at the first of the year 2016 I was pretty well committed to buying an MS 461... The night before I was going to do so I checked Craigs List. Low and behold a new posting for an MS 461 with 25" bar was there. Owner claimed it was in new condition. I contacted him immediately... Long story made short, he called me back in the morning. Seems he bought the saw about 14 months prior as he heated his house with wood and had access to large trees. Almost immediately thereafter he split up with his wife and had been living in an apartment ever since... no need for that saw nor the MS 201. He claimed less than two tanks of fuel through the 461 and had two new-in-the-box extra chains for it.

He lived about 45 miles away from me but happened to be coming to my town that day so he brought it to my house. I took a look at it, and his receipt. There was nothing to contradict his claims. I didn't haggle... $800. I thought that was a reasonable price for a new MS461 with 2 extra Stihl chains.

It has served me well for the 24" to 30" ABH Ash trees I needed to take down (Emerald Ash Borer victims)... I had used my MS 271 on the smaller stuff before getting the 461.

Picture... it looks exactly like the one linked here and it was just as clean when I got it: http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/professional-saws/ms461/

One of mine is from late 2015 and the rest are from this year . the first is a Stihl 066 magnum I picked up from a garage sale for 5$, had a stihl 36 inch bar a chain with extra, just needed a good cleaning, next is a stihl 084 av I picked up for 100$ needs a few missing cover screws, it also needed a good cleaning, last is a stihl 028 av woodboss for 20 $ needs a muffler and air filter cover , and a good clean. Pics up when I put them all back together
unbelievable,nice score!

20160416_154314.jpg
Free!!

Compression is a little low (125psi) but hopefully still useable. Sat for 5 or 6 years. Friend pulled it out of his barn because he knew I suffered from CAD. He intended to throw it away but his son was adamant he was how fix it someday. His son was running it when he said it just felt like it wasn't getting enough gas and didn't have much power. I suspect this is why...
20160417_105012.jpg

I won't get a chance to run it until this weekend. I'm guessing that the chain wedging against the drum acc being driven by friction is the bigger culprit. Ultimately, free is free!

Joseph

View attachment 499652
Free!!

Compression is a little low (125psi) but hopefully still useable. Sat for 5 or 6 years. Friend pulled it out of his barn because he knew I suffered from CAD. He intended to throw it away but his son was adamant he was how fix it someday. His son was running it when he said it just felt like it wasn't getting enough gas and didn't have much power. I suspect this is why...
View attachment 499653

I won't get a chance to run it until this weekend. I'm guessing that the chain wedging against the drum acc being driven by friction is the bigger culprit. Ultimately, free is free!

Joseph
Yessir, free is free...good score. And yeh, ya suck on this one.

View attachment 499652
Free!!

View attachment 499653

Joseph
Is that's a 55?

Latest posts

Back