Stihl 034AV Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

441_Stihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello fellow saw users.I have a question,in the late 80;s I bought a Stihl 034AV Super.I liked it really well,it cut great.My question does anyone know the specs on it?Also what model is equal to it today

Without going from 1 saw to the next it is hard for me to tell any difference using a 20" 3/8 pitch chain. I have put lots of hours on both. The super pulls a 24 " good in most hardwood. I never tried the standard 034 past 20". For its size at least the super is a workhorse. I've bucked 25"+ pin oak with a 25" hardnose bar with little lack of power. For a firewood cutter w/ 1 saw it will get it done. Just knock the excess sawdust out of the air filter more often then most saws and clean it at the end of the day . Its fast and easy and makes for a very reliable fast cutting saw for its size.

You can write Stihl at their contact.

I think his name is Mark, I don't have his stuff, but he has been extremely helpful and patient with all my questions.

Send him an email and he will give you all the details.

The to other sites do not have full details of miss some models.

Stihl today gives you basic stuff, but not in depth.

Back