017 oil pump worm drive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie101

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year Everyone.

Will the oil pump drive worm gear from a 023 fit a 017 saw? I need one to finish my 017, my stihl dealer says they are different part numbers but they are compatable, he cant get one for a 017 but he can for the 023. The old one for my saw went missing so ive not got one to refer to and he will only order one with cash upfront and will not accept returns if it wont fit. I would like to be sure before i part with £14.

If he guarantees it?

Happy New Year Everyone.

Will the oil pump drive worm gear from a 023 fit a 017 saw? I need one to finish my 017, my stihl dealer says they are different part numbers but they are compatable, he cant get one for a 017 but he can for the 023. The old one for my saw went missing so ive not got one to refer to and he will only order one with cash upfront and will not accept returns if it wont fit. I would like to be sure before i part with £14.

if he guarantees it'll fit, you buy it, and it doesn't, kinda makes him look like a scammer.... I'd say he's risking his good name by not offering a return.

if he guarantees it'll fit, you buy it, and it doesn't, kinda makes him look like a scammer.... I'd say he's risking his good name by not offering a return.

He is a general hardwear shop, 2 years ago he would accept returns and not ask for payment up front, but people was ordering things from him and not turning up to collect them leaving him out of pocket cos he says stihl wont take the items back.

Not sure why he couldn't tell you if he could get the correct part or not,
but they are the same part. I will throw a few in my e-bay if you need one
still.
The part number is 1123 640 7105, which supercedes to 1123 640 7102

Back