019t Pulls Over Very Hard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TALLGUY

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok this is not my saw but a friend brought me there 019t and said pull the cord. I'm a big guy that likes to run big saws so I had a hard time finding a spot to hold that little saw. I gave the cord a pull and threw the saw. I had to set it on the ground and stand on it just to get the saw to turn over. Is it normal for this saw to be this hard to pull? Should I be looking for something? It seems to pull easier when the plug wire is disconnected. Not every pull is this hard. He said it has always been this way. I bet it only has had 6 or less tanks through the saw. Once you do get the cord to pull takes 4 or 5 pulls to get it to start. Will start on one pull hot and seems to idle and run great.

It should'nt be that hard. My 019 pulls kind of easy. It does have alot of compression though and bumps over hard. I would investigate it and see if anything is binding up.

Well I tore in to it this weekend and found the starter pulley was cracked and the dog was very worn. I ordered them up from the dealer now just have to sit and wait. I hate the mid-west. Stihl dealers don't stock anything except new saws and are limited on that. They get kinda snobby when you tell them you can call the west coast and get it sooner.

Sorta reminds me of our leaf blower. Thing got harder and harder to pull over. Once it started though, it'd run perfect. Took it apart and found the starter rope had stretched and thinned out just enough that it was binding on itself inside the rewind pulley. New rope and easy as it can be to start now.

Dan

I put in the new pulley and got everything back together and it is still bucking like a 880. Almost feels like a kick back. I would expect this with a big saw that has something to hang on to but on this thing the saw wants to launch into orbit. Any ideas on what would cause this kind of kick. I took it back apart and it almost looks like the pulley is rubbing on the flywheel. There is a black mark on the edge in the same place the other one broke. If I keep trying to pull on this one I'm sure the pulley will break again.

Pull the plug and try to crank it over.
Buddy of mines 009 did the same thing. It leaks bar oil into the cylinder somehow.
Mike

Latest posts

Back