020 avp Proud Papa

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fluffysaw

fluffysaw

ArboristSite Lurker
I have My 020avp up and running thanks to this website.:chainsaw:
attachment.php

I learned you can dump the points and condenser by using a Stihl Coil #0000 400 1306. Or you can keep the old factory coil...dump the points and condenser buy a cheap trigger unit..$10-20.00 bucks like the Omega, Nova II, Megafire II, Oregon 33-053 or Atom electronic ignition module... That was freakin awesome. Better than trying to find an old replacement condenser priced at $40.00 Got some good advise on rebuilding a tilly carb..cleanliness is paramount!! Purple Power is an Awesome degreaser for carbs and saws. A palm sander attached to a container makes a good ultrasonic parts washer.
Discovered on my own...after My Stihl Dealer would not sell Me a Flywheel puller....&:censored:^%#@ I actually Thank Stihl for saving me money as I made one out of a piece of 1/2" threaded black pipe and a 3/8" bolt in about 15 min.
Carb preliminary setting's....who needs a manual.
My saw started second pull...had it tweaked in in under 15 min.
Refurbished My whole saw in two afternoons no book thanks to this site...Thank You all...Love this freeking site...Awesome:clap:

PS Someone asked why Fluffysaw ....on a web site with lumberjacks it was the only user name not taken....My wife thinks I'm Insane.

fluffysaw

fluffysaw

ArboristSite Lurker
before

I looked pretty good to start with...just wouldn't run....off with the old bar on with a carving bar it's my new daily user. I'm starten to get some fluff.. just about age 40 ...Big and burly...na
attachment.php