020T carb question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgg

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well this carb was boxed brand new, un-used, scored of ebay, walbro CIQ32, 1129 120 0606 for an 020T/200T. See the hi jet hole, seemingly drilled out and plugged. What's going on? I'm assuming that behind that plug there's still a threaded hole for the hi jet? Anyone seen this before? Cheers
wtq.jpg

It's an old EPA carb that was discontinued not long after it was shipped in 2003... Users hates them, but they worked fine. Pull the muffler screen and they seem to dial in pretty good. I'm fairly sure there is no thread behind that plug!

I wouldn't buy ANY carb for the 020T or 200T that wasn't the old Walbro 2 screw adustable or the current C1Q61E

They just brought out another carb.. C1Q126 (USA), 127 and 128 but I haven't seen one yet.

Thanks a lot for that info Lake, so I won't be tearing out that plug looking for a threaded hole then.. I'll throw the carb on as is and see how she goes. Hopefully tweaking the lo jet richer is gonna richen the hi circuit with it if needed.. my muffler screens are long gone.. At least there's no accel pump on this one. Will report back on how it runs. Cheers

OK, slammed this EPA one jet 'special' into my 200T and fired her up. HOPELESS! Lean and weak, piss-poor response, sluggish and dies in the cut at both high revs and low revs. Richen the lo and she won't idle no matter what position the butterfly. Even with 4 twists out on the lo jet the hi circuit still stays lean and weak, and not a chance of getting an idle at that lo jet position. Screw the lo jet back in to get an idle - the midrange/top end just runs pathetically weak! EPA = Effin Pathetic As! :bang:

No worries though, raised the fuel valve tang 2mm above standard setting and tried again. Bingo! Instant low response, heaps of top end power, easy to dial in a strong idle, and a ton of grunt across the whole rev range. Sweet! :cool:

OK, slammed this EPA one jet 'special' into my 200T and fired her up. HOPELESS! Lean and weak, piss-poor response, sluggish and dies in the cut at both high revs and low revs. Richen the lo and she won't idle no matter what position the butterfly. Even with 4 twists out on the lo jet the hi circuit still stays lean and weak, and not a chance of getting an idle at that lo jet position. Screw the lo jet back in to get an idle - the midrange/top end just runs pathetically weak! EPA = Effin Pathetic As! :bang:

No worries though, raised the fuel valve tang 2mm above standard setting and tried again. Bingo! Instant low response, heaps of top end power, easy to dial in a strong idle, and a ton of grunt across the whole rev range. Sweet! :cool:

Damn EPA!!!

Never seen one run too LEAN. Like the single screw 026/MS260 carb, they are usually way too rich and top out about 12-13k.. you might have had a dud... or shelf storage crap inside..

Last edited:
Yeah the 'normal carb' 020/200t's down this part of the world all seem to have an over-rich lo circuit, I've never seen a used one that didn't have sludgy carboned mufflers and screen, even though they run really well with tons of power. This one-jet carb was WAAY lean, slightly tweaking the fuel tang made a huge difference, just cut up a few logs in the backyard, the saw now runs awesome! (EPA won't be happy about that:cheers: )

Latest posts

Back