023 ignition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneadam12

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just put everything back together the other day after a good cleaning and checking. Put new impulse line and fuel line on while I was at it, but now I have a problem. The switch will not stop the engine. The wire coming out of the coil shows 2 ohms to ground with the switch all the way up. :confused: Any suggestions?

All the electical talk makes me more confused than I already am. While you were installing the vent and fuel line, did you take the control shaft (switch) out? If so, is it possible that when you reinstalled it that you did not get under the contact spring (flat metal where yellow wire is hooked). If the control shaft is not under the contact spring it will not turn off.

Take the grounding wire to the switch off the ignition contact. Measure from the free wire end to the cylinder block. It should be a dead short with the switch closed. if not, step back though the wires/contacts until you find the open circuit portion.

As a double check - clip a wire from the cylinder fins to the ignition contact. You should get no spark. If you do, bad ignition.

Last edited:
Your coil is fine, there is a short wire from the coil leg to the block, which is likely not connected or gone. Otherwise, just follow the wires
from the coil leg, to the switch, and the spring it contacts, and back to the
coil leg. Pretty straightforward........

My wife keeps telling me size is not important, but Andy's rep is a lot longer than mine, hell most of the new guys are as well endowed with rep as well.

What's a girl gotta do????????

The wire is there and connected. Almost 0 ohms resistance to the engine block. I just can't understand, unless there is an internal problem in the coil.

My wife keeps telling me size is not important, but Andy's rep is a lot longer than mine, hell most of the new guys are as well endowed with rep as well.

What's a girl gotta do????????
Start turning tricks and become a rep ho.:)

Nah, I guess I will just remain a ####head...........

I want my rep to be "earned"

In the gay world, I would be considered a "Teddy Bear".

But I only date Hoosiers.....................................

The wire is there and connected. Almost 0 ohms resistance to the engine block. I just can't understand, unless there is an internal problem in the coil.

So... ground the ignition tab and if you still have spark you have a bad ignition... bad in that it won't shut off. 5 year warrenty, or life time, depending on when you bought it (if you are the original owner).

Nah, I guess I will just remain a ####head...........

I want my rep to be "earned"

In the gay world, I would be considered a "Teddy Bear".

But I only date Hoosiers.....................................

Earned? :greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :monkey:

So... ground the ignition tab and if you still have spark you have a bad ignition... bad in that it won't shut off. 5 year warrenty, or life time, depending on when you bought it (if you are the original owner).

Will do. I'm almost 100% sure it is when the switch is up, but I'll do it the sure fire way too. Not the original owner.

Latest posts

Back