024 tuning problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gink595

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I went and cut this morning and the little 024 wouldn't run, I've been having some problems with it running consistently, seems like I get it set runs and idles decent and then the next time I go to use it, I better have a screwdriver with me. I feel like Brad at a GTG with this thing:) So this afternoon I went and bought a carb kit for it and came home put it together, I did find some chat in it, it looked like the fuel was gelling up??? I might have had some water in the fuel from condensation?? But anyhow fresh fuel and a carb kit later and it was running but again not consistant, I turned it on it's side while running and it would about stall out flip it back right and it would pick back up idling. Does this mean crank seals are bad?

Fuel line would be the first thing that comes to mind, impulse line next.
When you went through the carb, did you take the needle/lever/spring out?

Yes I disassembled the whole thing. I have questioned the impulse line before, it looked like it was just barely on the nipple of the carb. So I put a small hose clamp on it to reassure it was sealing. As for the fuel line it looks okay from what I can tell. I have no looked at the filter though.

hook the filter and pull it toward the tank hole, and gently pinch the
line above the filter. if it is super soft and gummy, replace it, as it will collapse while running and cut off the fuel.

Ok, Ok, they are not OEM seals.....

Well not even real seals, really...

Well, not even real, either........

You guys are too damn picky........

Ok, Ok, they are not OEM seals.....

Well not even real seals, really...

Well, not even real, either........

You guys are too damn picky........

I got a laugh out of it. Maybe you are too clever.

I would also agree with changing the fuel and impulse. Both seem to get cracks. Just about every 024/026 I have messed with, I have changed at least the impulse and usually the fuel line. The impulse is usually cracked and the fuel line is usually gummy feeling and collapsed.

Well the "walrus" thing had me worried, but then I thought, "These guys here
aren't too bright, what will they care????????????

I googled "seal ####" and got little results. A whole lotta "Smurf" #### out
there.......

"Too clever"???? Are you calling me out????

Nah, you guys complete me..........

xxxxoooo loves and kisses, especially rookie!!!!

Latest posts

Back