026 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gjt1980

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 026 ran great up until yesterday saw fired up as normal and I let it warm then hit the wood. It would rev up then bog down rev up bog down while in the cut wot. When it revved up it did seem to pulling more r's than usual.
Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 026 ran great up until yesterday saw fired up as normal and I let it warm then hit the wood. It would rev up then bog down rev up bog down while in the cut wot. When it revved up it did seem to pulling more r's than usual.
Thanks for any help

I'd be looking for an air leak before I ran that saw to destruction. Sounds like it's leaning out to me.

If my saws don't run right they don't run until repaired. Finished up the day using the 460

Doesn't matter at all how it ran the day before. Today it decided to let go. My money's on crank seals. 026 weak spot. Do a vac test.

Is there a way to do it with any special tools

Unfortunately no. You'll need to buy a tester. About 50-100 bucks.

I've got a vac tester from Harbor Freight. They are only about $30. Then some rubber from a bicycle inner tube or something similar is all you really need. If your saw has a decomp on it I'd recommend you plug that hole with a plug for ~$2.00.

Saw is fixed and running great. Turned out the screen in the carb was dirty

Wow. Ok kewl. Never seen that symptom from a clogged carb screen. Usually it just falls on its face as soon as you throttle it. Good to know.

Surprised me I have not really worked it yet but did put it to a log made one cut and it ran as it should

It's cheaper to just replace the crank seals than buy a test kit

but you should pressure/vac test after replacing the seals?
How else would you know if the seals solved the problem? Could be leaking through fuel line, impulse line, case gasket.........

Latest posts

Back