026 Ignition Module Air Gap Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Manual recommends .008 to .012 (.2 to .3 mm). My factory set gap is currently at .004 (.012 mm).
Should I re-gap to manual's specs or leave it alone. What kind of trouble could improper air gap cause? I am currently troubleshooting a hard start problem and found this discrepancy when I took the saw somewhat apart. Thank you for any replies.

I would set the gap to the manual. Your issue may possibly be from the close gap, you may not be creating the right amount of magnetism needed because it is to close. Worth a shot only takes a few min.

Stick a business card in there, that will get you close enough. It's all I have ever used.

I would set the gap to the manual. Your issue may possibly be from the close gap, you may not be creating the right amount of magnetism needed because it is to close. Worth a shot only takes a few min.

Thank you very much, I will re-gap.

Cheers!

Stick a business card in there, that will get you close enough. It's all I have ever used.

Very Smart Young man! Glad to see that South Georgia edca, no that ain't right, edication, nope, edukation, eedukkation, man this is hard, that GREAT LEARNING he done got down there is paying Off!!!!!!

:rock:

Back