026 Pro?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB&SFARMS

Reaction score
I rebuilt my 026 Pro this morning, after I burn't it up with the same mix my br-600 lives on. And today delimbing a large oak, she die's! I try to restart, rope wont pull. I let it cool off for 30 minutes or so, and she was broke loose? I hadnt used it since and waited for further input to proceed. I have rebuilt many 044's from my logging days in the late 80's, maybe it was me?

Thanks,

+1

Youve got an air leak, or the carb is set way too lean.

Stick around here for a while & do some reading & soon you will be doomed for life (Read: CAD)

There are a lot of great guys on here & loads of info.

Welcome to A/S

It's typical for a seized saw to turn loose after cooling off. The damage is done though. Sorry to hear it. That's a bummer. You must have an air leak or other problem underlying both failures.

Yep! :agree2:

You gotta fix the cause the fried top end is only the symptom.

Gotta find the air leak, need to pressure/vac test the case.

Thanks guys, I was surely hoping I wouldn't have to buy a new 260. The piston is hardly scored, on the exhaust side only. I will send it to a nearby stihl dealer on monday. Happy Thanksgiving to yall.

It was seized up, I let it cool, and pulled the rope witht the saw in the off position. It broke it self loose, and I was able to pull the rope the entire length. With it seized I was able to get it to crank.

what does broke loose mean?
The piston got so hot that it expanded and stuck in the cylinder. The piston is likely scuffed and will need to be replaced.
I wouldnt be surprised if it did some damage to the cylinder wall too.
Id go along with the others who said that you likely have an air leak.

Latest posts

Back