028 Super Cylinder Gasket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd460

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
OK, I have a standard 028 AV. Recently picked up an 028 Super cylinder kit (includes piston, pin, clips, rings). Goofed up and ordered the standard 028 cylinder base gasket. Of course, slight size difference. (Gasket material protrudes into cylinder bore of the super)

Can it be s simple as just trimming the bore portion of the standard 028 gasket so I can use it with the super cylinder? Would I be better (performance wise) to eliminate the gasket and just use the apropriate sealer.

Might just make a run to the stihl dealer for the correct gasket, but that is a long drive.

BTW, am I in for a surprize with the crankcase to cylinder opening being to small for the new 028 super piston to fit? It is an older style "028 AV electronic". Thanks, KD

OK, I have a standard 028 AV. Recently picked up an 028 Super cylinder kit (includes piston, pin, clips, rings). Goofed up and ordered the standard 028 cylinder base gasket. Of course, slight size difference. (Gasket material protrudes into cylinder bore of the super)

Can it be s simple as just trimming the bore portion of the standard 028 gasket so I can use it with the super cylinder? Would I be better (performance wise) to eliminate the gasket and just use the apropriate sealer.

Might just make a run to the stihl dealer for the correct gasket, but that is a long drive.

BTW, am I in for a surprize with the crankcase to cylinder opening being to small for the new 028 super piston to fit? It is an older style "028 AV electronic". Thanks, KD

What did you ever find out on this?

Did the 028 Super cylinder kit work on your standard 028 AV?

Yes, 2 years later...

All I did was trim the gasket to fit. Yes, the opening in the crankcase was large enough for the new larger cylinder.

The tecomec cylinder swap worked out fine. I work the heck out of this saw, it always starts in 2 or 3 pulls even when sitting in the truck tool box over night in below freezing temps. A good reliable saw. KD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back