029 stalling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is how the throttle rod is removed, it just snaps out.
attachment.php

Here is a view after the carb is off, the fuel line is on the bottom coming out of the tank, the impulse line is on the right.
attachment.php

you rock

thanks fish thats awesome!! my next questoin is if the fuel line is ok what will i be looking for then? thanks agian. someone siad you were the expert on these saws was hoping to heaar from you.

ok took it off fuel line seems to be fine no cracks flexibleseems just like it should be. is there anything on the carb i should be looking for it looks clean to me.

im ready and waiting to bad i cant run internet to my basenebt or work on saws in the living room

im ready and waiting to bad i cant run internet to my basenebt or work on saws in the living room

Tell the wife that this is a matter of International importance!!!!!!!

Here is a pic of an old carb beside a brand new one.
This is the view of the high/low adjustment screws.
The new carb has red plastic limiter caps over the screws. The old carb
has one screw broken by someone trying to remove the limiter caps.
attachment.php

ok now where do i get into this thing and what am i looking for. by the way the wife is pretty understanding but that mgiht be pushing it. lol

couldnt get the whole saw in the living room but got the carb. shoot id sleep with my saws but that make make the guns jealous

Here is a pic of the inside of the fuel pump side of the new carb, I will not tear into this one any further. Under the screen is the passage that is/may be clogged partially.
attachment.php

is there a good way to check? i can see light through all the holes on that side

Here is a pic of the used carb, the body looks clean at first glance, thanks to
carb spray, but note the debris/gunk in the impulse chamber in the cover.

That is sawdust ingested from a seal or impulse line leak, and is something to pursue, as that may be your problem....

This kind of info usually is only learned by learning the hard way, so make sure
you remember it......
attachment.php

alright close inspectoin complete all look nice and clean. does this mean i should start thinking coil. or vapor lock? or is there more here i should do?

ok sorry missed your last post. i do have not that much but a little bit of stuff there how do i prevent this? new impulse line im guessing? and believe me i appreciate learning this one the easy way.

Here is a pic of the metering lever side. You need to remove the lever/spring/needle and hold it up to a light. Then blow that passage out
with some carb spray, and hold it up to a light again, and visually verify
that the passage is clear..
Also you might remove the small jet with a small flat screwdriver, and blow it all out, then reassemble.
90% of all of these problems are carb/fuel related, and a little scum/varnish
in the carb can cause lots of trouble.
As far as removing the limiter caps without the tool, a sheet metal screw
threaded into the plastic, then yanked outward works, but I would go through the carb first, as adjusting out a problem/clog is a bad idea.
attachment.php

The impulse is what pumps the fuel, and the "impulse" comes from the
crankcase, the up and down action of the piston, that pumps the fuel.

And if there is sawdust and crud collected in there, then it is being ingested
somewhere, and that is an airleak, and is a definite problem.

that all checks out ok all is clean and visually clear. couldnt see anything. not that im ready to try adjusting it out yet but which way would i need to adjust to fix that? it only stall when i let go of the throttle after being at full throttle usually after a longer cut. definetely going to check the vapor lock tomorrow. after that from my understanding that only leaves the coil am i correct? thanks so much for taking the time to help me out.

Turning the mixture screws to the left/ccw will richen the mix up, and partially compensate for a lean condition, but if the carb rebuild didn't cure it, then you will have to find the air leak.

Back