• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 029 super dooper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cus_deluxe

Commie Satan turd
Reaction score
029 super in nice shape with OEM 039 cylinder/meteor piston. Cylinder has a few VERY small nicks in plating, that were blended a bit prior to assembly. Pto bearing on this saw failed and toasted its original top end. New FAG crank bearings, oem seals, fuel and implulse lines and rear bar stud. 2 tanks or so through the saw since rebuild. Starts, runs, idles, oils nicely. 3/8" spur sprocket is used but with plenty of life left. More pics to follow tomorrow. $250 shipped.
image.jpeg

029 super in nice shape with OEM 039 cylinder/meteor piston. Cylinder has a few VERY small nicks in plating, that were blended a bit prior to assembly. Pto bearing on this saw failed and toasted its original top end. New FAG crank bearings, oem seals, fuel and implulse lines and rear bar stud. 2 tanks or so through the saw since rebuild. Starts, runs, idles, oils nicely. 3/8" spur sprocket is used but with plenty of life left. More pics to follow tomorrow. $250 shipped.
View attachment 496872
That's a great deal on a 64cc Firewood Saw, and it is sans floppy caps.

Thanks jonathan, its a good running saw. I know theres not a ton of love for these things but this is about the best budget one saw plan out there. Handles a 20" 3/8" bar and chain nicely.

Thanks jonathan, its a good running saw. I know theres not a ton of love for these things but this is about the best budget one saw plan out there. Handles a 20" 3/8" bar and chain nicely.

Amongst the chainsaw aficionados[read as snobs], no, but among the rest of the general populace, it is arguably one of the most succesful chassis'(029/039/290/310/390) sold by Stihl based on shear volume. Some people complain about Power/Weight ratio on these saws, but that always seemed odd to me. As a pound, or two of saw weight shouldn't be that big of a deal if you're out cutting, and loading firewood rounds all day.

A couple more pics. No burning on a/v near the muffler. Didnt take pic of piston, and dont wanna disassemble the saw to get a look at the oem casting stuff on side of cylinder but i assure you its oem 039.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back