031 Piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duke M

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Help!!,I need a piston for 031 AV,I got one on E-bay (new) (Golf brand) when I put it on with cylinder off and turned crank it hits and wont go 360 degrees around, put old on and no problem, sent it back after calling vendor ( who says he's sold hundreds and never had a problem ),he says it looks the same as rest of one he has !! I NEED A PISTON HELP thanks Duke

Pull the cyl. off and rotate the crank...

If it hits on the bottom stroke, you might need to gring a bevel on the
bottom inside lip of the piston, as the new on hits the crank weights, no big deal. Had to do that last year on a golf.....

if you check in ebay stores you can sometimes find new and used parts for your saw. OEM and aftermarket. golf brand doesnt have the greatest following but other aftermarket brands are allright. good luck rick.

Pull the cyl. off and rotate the crank...

If it hits on the bottom stroke, you might need to gring a bevel on the
bottom inside lip of the piston, as the new on hits the crank weights, no big deal. Had to do that last year on a golf.....
Hello,the clyinder was off when I did this,and I thought about grinding a little off bottom ,but I shouldn't have to and thought that might cause it to be out of balance ??Any ways I sent it back so where can I get one that will work ?

Latest posts

Back