031av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duke M

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, I have 2 031 AV's where can I get rings ,cylinder base gasket and crank seals ? also one saw runs but when u rev it up it hesitates then takes off then when u return to idle it wont idle right and stalls .The carb is rebuilt ,all the gas line are new.I cant get carb to adjust right at idle . Also when u return to idle gas leaks out at carb ? Other saw did same thing ,but had bad points so put atom module on it and it fired and started then quit and hasen't started since .I didn't know u had to reverse wires .Any help would be appreiciated thanks Duke [email protected]

When you rebuilt the carb, did you make sure the lever was level with the inside of the carb? I use a small steel rule to make sure.

I got seals from ebay....but wasn't too excited about them. Did you try the dealer for seals?

I got an 031 parts saw, unfortunately it was straight-gassed and wouldn't do you much good.
Hey what do u want for ur saw if its all there other then it has a bad cyl and piston ,thanks Duke

Hello, I have 2 031 AV's where can I get rings ,cylinder base gasket and crank seals ? also one saw runs but when u rev it up it hesitates then takes off then when u return to idle it wont idle right and stalls .The carb is rebuilt ,all the gas line are new.I cant get carb to adjust right at idle . Also when u return to idle gas leaks out at carb ? Other saw did same thing ,but had bad points so put atom module on it and it fired and started then quit and hasen't started since .I didn't know u had to reverse wires .Any help would be appreiciated thanks Duke [email protected]
Up date: left atom module in didn't have to reverse wires ,reason for fuel leaking out not carb ( carb was rebuilt and all gas and impulse lines new ) bottom piston ring weak letting fuel past it ,wasn't going to help by tightining gap on plug and trying to get a hotter spark (somehow) to burn fuel.Once I honed it and put new rings and base gasket ....runs awesome... killer saw finally!!.I've learn alot allthough I allready knew the basics I can allways lean more just seems I learn from just doing IT !! Thanks everyone for all ur help Duke

Up date: left atom module in didn't have to reverse wires ,reason for fuel leaking out not carb ( carb was rebuilt and all gas and impulse lines new ) bottom piston ring weak letting fuel past it ,wasn't going to help by tightining gap on plug and trying to get a hotter spark (somehow) to burn fuel.Once I honed it and put new rings and base gasket ....runs awesome... killer saw finally!!.I've learn alot allthough I allready knew the basics I can allways lean more just seems I learn from just doing IT !! Thanks everyone for all ur help Duke

Hey, I sent you 2 carbs today. One has 032 long studded jets in it though.

A carb kit and I should be in business with my 031 project saw.:rock:

Back