034av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rickyrooster

rickyrooster

ArboristSite Guru
Hello, I've got a stihl 034av that has a cracked air filter cover. Will a 036 cover fit it. I know a pro cover is different. I'm talking about the standard 036. Thanks. Rick!!!!!!!!!

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Hello, I've got a stihl 034av that has a cracked air filter cover. Will a 036 cover fit it. I know a pro cover is different. I'm talking about the standard 036. Thanks. Rick!!!!!!!!!

Some interchange and some dont. There are three different covers.
1125-140-1903, 1125-140-1907 are listed for the 034.

1125-140-1903, 1125-140-1907 and 1125-140-1904 are listed for the 036.

Scratching your head, I am too,LOL. It does from the IPL look as though 2 out of three interchange. The 1125-140-1904 is listed for the 036 only.

chowdozer

chowdozer

Addicted to ArboristSite
The standard cover will fit.. the 034 has a goofy clip-in filter in the cover but if it has a round knob, it should fit right on. I think...

A clip in filter? I have one that mounts to the carb with two screws and then the cover slides over the filter. Is there a second filter element or a prefilter?

I suppose I could jam some Scotchbrite in there. Naw. :ices_rofl:

snarediddler

snarediddler

My 034 av tends to flud (gas goes into carb and spark plug) if I leave the chainsaw on its side or bar down. Any ideas?

andrethegiant70

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
Did it just start happening, or did you just rebuild it? Did you let it sit for a long time, then run it for a day and now it's doing this? Some details would help. I suspect you have crap stuck in the needle valve under the diaphram.

Occasionally, if you let a saw sit long enough, the mix will dry in the carb, leaving the oil component of the fuel in there, sticking to everything. The saw might fire up again, but once that dried oil begines to shake loose, all bets are off.

snarediddler

snarediddler

Did it just start happening, or did you just rebuild it? Did you let it sit for a long time, then run it for a day and now it's doing this? Some details would help. I suspect you have crap stuck in the needle valve under the diaphram.

Occasionally, if you let a saw sit long enough, the mix will dry in the carb, leaving the oil component of the fuel in there, sticking to everything. The saw might fire up again, but once that dried oil begines to shake loose, all bets are off.

No, I bought it used but use it on a regular basis. It works fine except if I let it sit for a few minutes on its side or guide down.

andrethegiant70

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
Rebuild kits are cheap. And it's easy, there are many threads here re rebuilding carburetors. be sure to hit all the passages with carb cleaner.... I feel you have some debris in there somewhere.