036 AV Farm Boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamxox

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi to all been looking at your site for a while as a guest just love it so i have joined up .went out and bought a used 036 av farm boss on the weekend with a 24 inch bar and chain all genuine stihl cant say i have seen too many 036 av with 24 inch bar on it the bloke i got it off swears its all original any ideas out there from you pros on droping the bar to a 21 inch or so i will mainlly use it for chopping wood here in australia for the fire place

It should really rip with an 18".
If you just want to leave one bar on it then the 21" would be nice but I'd prefer the 18/24 combo.
Maybe semi-skip on the 24" ?

Thx Brian VT

thx Brian Vt from what i have read seems like a sweet saw i might do the muffler mod and re tune these saws seem to be much cheaper in the usa than in aus they go for like $300 to 600 here the reason i asked about the bar length is the stihl techie said there not that common with the 24 in bar and chain

The manual lists up to 50cm bars but I bet it pulls the 24" okay.
I suspect it will be in it's glory with an 18".
There are others here with much more knowledge than me.
I can send you the IPL and manual if you need it. Another member here gave them to me. I assume it's okay to pass it on ?

Thx Brian VT :)

i really would appreaciate that the ipl and manual as much as the guy said it hadnt been used much since new its got a bit of wear on it some burn marks on the bar i havent really given it a good run yet but i have to check to see if its oiling up ok my email address is [email protected]

036 av farm boss??

never heard of that. not saying it did not extist, just never heard of it.

034 av, yes
036av........ no
either with farmboss attached...... no
what does farmboss mean??........ nothing cept paint on the bar i guess.

036 av farm boss??

never heard of that. not saying it did not extist, just never heard of it.

034 av, yes
036av........ no
either with farmboss attached...... no
what does farmboss mean??........ nothing cept paint on the bar i guess.
Yah, the farmboss seemed odd but I figured the p.o. threw a bar on it too.
PDFs on the way tamxox.

Latest posts

Back