036 is torn apart...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_Ellerbee

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For av mounts,any must dos while in there?

Intake boot looks good as does impulse. Coil wire needs recovering,cracked in multiple places.
7b4431220bc58508b7ca221de933ea34.jpg

AV mounts can wear/break so look em over carefully. Not much else to look at except the obvious fuel system, new air filter if needed, and engine condition.
Nice saw!

Didn't find any broke/ripped,but they were very soft. Tore it apart hoping I'd find something bad. The saw would flex a good bit when I leaned on it in a cut.

This is my "big" saw so I'm wanting to have it ready for the cold season,just in case.

Didn't mean the plug wire Brad. Was typing to fast earlier. The smaller black and green switch wires sheath is cracked in a few places. Will shrink tube them when I can.

the AV mounts are also replaceable without removing anything but the recoil and clutch cover from the saw. good opportunity to inspect things pulling it apart though.

Didn't mean the plug wire Brad. Was typing to fast earlier. The smaller black and green switch wires sheath is cracked in a few places. Will shrink tube them when I can.

Had some time last night and went ahead and reworked the kill/ground wires. Unsoldered the pins at master switch and replaced both wires with some scrap laying around. Ended with a spade and ring terminal. Gotta get some shrink tube today to finish them up. Turned out pretty good for the 10min I have in them.

Latest posts

Back