036 not oiling!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayor

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey gang....I've got an 036 husky that was given too me.....I got it running perfect and its a great little limbing saw......its not oiling enough though....I removed the bar, then removed the back plate which exposed the little rubber grommet and oil gallies.....I cleaned them all up (they were pretty clean already) and made sure nothing was bent or misaligned...put it back together and still nothing......I can see the steel plunger which goes back in toward the crank....didnt take that apart.....whatchafiggers wrong?

when you run this with the bar and chain off does oil come out of the passage? I think if I am right you can adjust the volume of oil by flipping the saw upside down and you should see an adjuster....if you are using stihl bar and chain you will sling less oil than what you are used to seeing due to the design in helping carry the oil for less waste. Couple of other quick checks, noodle the pickup out of the oil tank does it feel weak..sticky? it could be collasping on you and also clean out the vent it is the silver looking disc about the diameter of a pencil earser. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back