038 carb question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DustyH

DustyH

ArboristSite Lurker
I recently got a used saw that had no markings on it other than it had 038 on the top written out with a marker. It was hard to crank for a while and then it wouldn't crank at all. I put a new plug and filter in it and then took the carb apart to clean it. There was a ton of real fine saw dust in the top of the carb. I cleaned it out and reassembled with a new filter and fuel line. I screwed the H and L needles in all the way and counted the turns and then set them back in the same positions. After I put it all back together It would crank, but not Idle and when I accelerate it runs fine until the trigger gets about half way back then it shuts down. The carb says Bing on the top and the no. 48 on the side. Any Ideas?

Dadatwins

Dadatwins

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think the setting on the Bing 038 carb are 1 turn on the high/low. Might try that as a starting point. Compression test and all that stuff are next step. 038 are a great saw, and worth fixing. There are lots of parts out there and help on the site if needed. Good luck

superfire

superfire

Addicted to ArboristSite
bing carb ?????

carb 1 turn open from lightly seated on low and high. also check the fuel inlet screen. also you may need a impulse hose and fuel hose and filter:clap: you would help us AS boys id your saw by posting a few picts:givebeer:
Just My Beeer Monies Worth
Cheers Mates :cheers: