• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

038 Magnum II Cash or Trade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For sale/trade... Power Head only...

I would like a 12GA, or a small side arm... Like a 380

I could also see trading for 026 Pro, MS260 Pro, or MS261 Pro

Or anything else that's cool...

IMG_0412.jpg

I have since put on double dawgs.
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg

I replaced the air filter with a new one..
IMG_0416.jpg
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG
IMG_0420.JPG

I also replaced the fuel line and filter...

Oils like it should. Starts after 1-2 pulls.

Coming up with a price is hard, and something I need to get better at.. I also find it challenging to bid out jobs. I think I'm more open to trades than I am cash. PM me if you have something for trade. Or if you have a cash offer.

Coming up with a price is hard, and something I need to get better at.. I also find it challenging to bid out jobs. I think I'm more open to trades than I am cash. PM me if you have something for trade. Or if you have a cash offer.
If you have no idea on price you probably should have left out "for sale" where it says "for sale/trade". I'm guilty of the same thing about pricing. I also have an 038 Mag II that might be for sale or trade but I don't know for what. I also dislike packing and shipping saws so if you're interested you better live near NE Indiana. It's no queen but it sure makes some nice power.

Okay let me get a proper compression test done on it with some pictures, and then adjust the low end on the carbs. If I can't get it perfect I'll just go ahead and rebuild the thing... It's the only thing that I haven't changed out on it yet. The saw runs great, but still slightly hesitant on the low end. The saw has relativity low hours, just looks older because I stripped the paint on the logo by mistake when spraying it down with degrease, and then spraying it off. It was sitting for at a 5 years at a harry homeowner's place in his garage. The 2nd owner bought it at a estate sale. He got it half way running, and then I bought it because I needed a big saw in a hurry. Ran badly at first, but the more gas I ran through it, the more powerful it became. Then I replacing the fuel lines, and filter, plug, and air cleaner. Carbs looked good, nothing melted, or abnormal, but I feel like a complete rebuild would get the low end perfect because I can't seem to dial it in.

I feel like that would be more fair for everyone too....

In the mean time, I am open to cash offers, or imaginative-trades for anything cool (like salvageable big equipment that needs to be rebuilt), practical (like land that I can barrow for 25-30 years so I can start a tree farm on/invest in with sweat equity), fun (like surf boards, sail boats that need repair/rebuilt, 300ft of static rescue line, a parashoot, or any combination of things.

Latest posts

Back