038 magnum price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radoutdoors

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
whats a good price for a 038 magnum and what is anyones oppinion about this saw, looking into getting an old beater saw, that saws in good shape and asking 235 and I have the chance to buy it.

thanks

038 MAG is probably above "old beater saw" Even a worn out one. You could get a MAC 10-10 or 610 for $50 or less for a beater. Depending on how nice it is, it may be worth more than $235. I'd probably pay $100 for a blown up MAG if it was nice.

whats a good price for a 038 magnum and what is anyones oppinion about this saw, looking into getting an old beater saw, that saws in good shape and asking 235 and I have the chance to buy it.

thanks

Good condition 038MagII will bring 300.00 easily. Fact I just bought one this past summer, in great shape, 300.00. Far as a old beater saw I don't know of any saw that will take more of a beating than a 038, them saws are very well made..

038 Magnum

I bought mine this summer from a saw shop, for $250, they had it listed for $350, don't know why he told me the price was $250. I bought it, runs great, has a 32" bar.

I would buy it, but not for a beater saw.

038's are great saws, easy to get parts for since they're still made, lots of low end torque. The only problem I had with mine today was that the chain found a nail in a cut before I did!!! And I had started out with a freshly sharpened chain... funny how that happens...

Only downside is they are about 15# w/0 B&C

Last edited:
Heavy??? Hell yes, most great working tanks do weigh a lot. :) I use the 038 AV Magnum all the time, love it. I would not call it a beater though....much better than a beater.

Rad,

I think I know this saw. Is it listed on CL in Lansing MI?

I was about to make the three hour round trip to look at it when I was checking on Ebay and found an 038 Super with a BIN price of $175. Even with the cost of shipping I was over $60 ahead not including the cost of gas. His best offer to me was $265 (on 12/2) -- which again if it is the same saw his original posting was $325.

I shared with him my Ebay find and that I was going to have to pass on his saw. I am not sure if that is what prompted to lower his price one more time but it does seem odd.

Now I just have to remain patient until my Ebay 038S arrives. One drawback about passing on the CL saw -- no immediate gratification, but the savings should be worth it.

BTW -- if this is the CL saw in Lansing it is a Super, not a Magnum. I would have bought this saw had I not come across the Ebay saw.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Here's a 300.00 038MagII

Got this saw from a buddy of mine. He killed and plucked 3 chickens for some guy and the guy gave him this saw for the killings,LOL

He got it for killing 3 chickens and I got it for three skins..

attachment.php

Got this saw from a buddy of mine. He killed and plucked 3 chickens for some guy and the guy gave him this saw for the killings,LOL

attachment.php

mr. hall you do remember putting me on 'the list' for a 038 magnum?!?
so what place in line am i?
seriously.
i just started a thread on that darned saw!!!

attachment.php

yeah I am very interested, if you could give me a name and number and a couple more pics, I would consider taking this off his hands. thanks for the info

yeah I am very interested, if you could give me a name and number and a couple more pics, I would consider taking this off his hands. thanks for the info

Alittle mis-understanding freind. That saw isn't for sale. I was just giving an example of what a 038 looks like. I paid 300.00 for that one. I was more less showing there are some nice 038's outthere but they bring big money for used saws that old...

Back