038 magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giver

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have had an old Stihl kicking around for about 5 years and decided tonight it needed to live again. I thought it was a 034 but after pulling the cylinder ( it had been straight based) it's a 52mm bore and about 34mm stroke so I'm thinking it's a 038 mag I just need clarification please.
Ryan

I think the cylinder will clean up fine, just ordered a meteor piston for it. I thought about the LRB cylinder and piston kit but not sure about it so I'm going to use the OEM

I think the cylinder will clean up fine, just ordered a meteor piston for it. I thought about the LRB cylinder and piston kit but not sure about it so I'm going to use the OEM

You'll like it if running well. Done right will last a long time. Mine chugs through hardwood with a 25" B/C

Check over and/or replace hoses/filters/rubber parts (intake boot/AV mounts)/carb kit. Worth doing seals that come in a gasket set.

I think I might do some light porting and a MM. I traded my ported 372xp for a f250 in the spring so I'm in need of another 70cc saw

Latest posts

Back