041 AV Side Plates needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirreal12

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi folks, I noticed that the Inner and Outer side plates are wearing....the rest of the saw is in perfect condition from what I can tell.
These side plates are 1113 664 1001 (inner) and 1113 664 1100 (outer) on the parts diagram and I notice they are riveted on.

Can they be replaced? If so do you or does anyone know where I can get a set?

thanks

Hi folks, I noticed that the Inner and Outer side plates are wearing....the rest of the saw is in perfect condition from what I can tell.
These side plates are 1113 664 1001 (inner) and 1113 664 1100 (outer) on the parts diagram and I notice they are riveted on.

Can they be replaced? If so do you or does anyone know where I can get a set?

thanks

should be able to find them on the bay.............those rivets are just push in style, and can be removed by carefully getting under the head and working them loose................old 040

041av side plates

I just found and ordered a set on Ebay. A little pricey for what they are but so be it. Are those aluminum rivets? I have to wonder how well they will hold on the new plates if I have to pry them out with the old ones? Has anyone actually done this and if so...do they plates stay securely fastened with use of the saw?

Thanks..

I just found and ordered a set on Ebay. A little pricey for what they are but so be it. Are those aluminum rivets? I have to wonder how well they will hold on the new plates if I have to pry them out with the old ones? Has anyone actually done this and if so...do they plates stay securely fastened with use of the saw?

Thanks..

yeah, these plates aren't getting any cheaper, unless you want to wait for the right deal to come along, i've removed many of these, i believe they are aluminum rivets, or at the very least, soft steel, and you can slightly peen the rivet to expand it, then reuse them...............;)...................here's one of mine................View attachment 312201View attachment 312202

side plates 041av

That is a beautiful saw...did you just totally repaint/refurbish it? I thought you might send a pic of how you put on the new plates using the old rivets? If u have one.

BTW...how does one post pics like that on here?

That is a beautiful saw...did you just totally repaint/refurbish it? I thought you might send a pic of how you put on the new plates using the old rivets? If u have one.

BTW...how does one post pics like that on here?

yes, it was a total refurb, if you look closely at the first pic you can see the rivets that hold the log emblem are not pushed back in yet, by peening the pin where it goes back in the hole (to slightly expand the pin) it will stay tight when reusing them, it's easiest to try to remove the plate pins by working a screwdriver in behind the old plate to get the pins to start to loosen,then grip them with pliers and work them out, hope this helps..................old 040

Latest posts

Back