041 clutch differences

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrygrey382

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I picked up the latest saw yesterday - an 041AV with a siezed clutch. I've pulled it apart - the clutch linings detached (I think it overheated, the chain was very tight and bar is blued, crank bearings ok) and jammed it.

The only replacement I can find at the moment is on german ebay (none at cheap stihl saw parts or curts)- http://cgi.ebay.de/Stihl-Motorsaege...ryZ56559QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
but it's different. Mine is non chainbrake, this looks like the inertia clutch 051/076 have with a chainbrake, I assume this is for an 041 chainbrake. Will it fit on without changing anything else? I assume it can but just checking. I'm waiting for an IPL too...

As far as I know, the lining version was discontinued, and replaced by the 1113 160 2010, which also fits the 030, 031, 032.

As far as I know, the lining version was discontinued, and replaced by the 1113 160 2010, which also fits the 030, 031, 032.

Thanks, they may well have done - I should have done this before I posted but stihl still make them, £23 for all three, bit steep but never mind. They're probably the replacements you just mentioned, fine just as long as they work!

I've switched to the new style clutch on my 041 as well. They are interchangeable with the 031 and other saws of that vintage. The unlined clutch works just as good.

-John

So if I buy an 031 or 032 clutch the shoes'll definitely fit the 041? there are plenty on ebay, would save some money from the new dealer ones...

So if I buy an 031 or 032 clutch the shoes'll definitely fit the 041? there are plenty on ebay, would save some money from the new dealer ones...

I'll send you a little something to help with all those questions, check your PMs

Latest posts

Back