show me your 041...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I brought another 041 back to life yesterday, and I am becoming pretty handy in mastering them. It is common knowledge that this model, which obviously has been produced in great numbers, also knew several versions and modifications throughout its lifetime. I thought it would be usefull to have one thread and list all the different models and particular features,... hmmm.

I'll give it a start, with the ones I have restored lately. It's difficult for me to put a time line on them, but one member posted some info a while ago, which I'll repeat here :

the history of the 041 goes as such.

Model--------Series---------Approximate/Production
041 1110 1967-1975
041FB 1110 1976-1986
041AV 1110 1967-1986
041AVE 1110 1968-1973
041AVS 1110 1977-1983
041AVQFB 1110 1981-1985
041G 1112 1968-1974
Scorce:History OF Stihl Power Tools

041AVdsmall.jpg

early version with points ignition, and AV.

041AVcsmall-1.jpg

early version with first generation of (POS) electronic ignition.

041AVasmall-1.jpg

Later version with points.
041avelecsmall.jpg

later version with electronic ignition. notice the small muffler cover. Looks as if the clutch cover was meant for a chainbrake (maybe not original on this saw)

041farmbosssmall.jpg

early farmboss with points and no AV.

the 041 is a nice saw and a strong runner. Weak point is the carb mount with lots of seals, which another member so well described as "air leak city", LOLOL. Other than that, a great firewood saw imo.

Now, show me your 041...:popcorn:

Last edited:
I brought another 041 back to life yesterday, and I am becoming pretty handy in mastering them. It is common knowledge that this model, which obviously has been produced in great numbers, also knew several versions and modifications throughout its lifetime. I thought it would be usefull to have one thread and list all the different models and particular features,... hmmm.

I'll give it a start, with the ones I have restored lately. It's difficult for me to put a time line on them, but one member posted some info a while ago, which I'll repeat here :

the history of the 041 goes as such.

Model--------Series---------Approximate/Production
041 1110 1967-1975
041FB 1110 1976-1986
041AV 1110 1967-1986
041AVE 1110 1968-1973
041AVS 1110 1977-1983
041AVQFB 1110 1981-1985
041G 1112 1968-1974
Scorce:History OF Stihl Power Tools

041AVdsmall.jpg

early version with points ignition, and AV.

041AVcsmall-1.jpg

early version with first generation of (POS) electronic ignition.

041AVasmall-1.jpg

Later version with points.
041avelecsmall.jpg

later version with electronic ignition. notice the small muffler cover. Looks as if the clutch cover was meant for a chainbrake (maybe not original on this saw)

041farmbosssmall.jpg

early farmboss with points and no AV.

the 041 is a nice saw and a strong runner. Weak point is the carb mount with lots of seals, which another member so well described as "air leak city", LOLOL. Other than that, a great firewood saw imo.

Now, show me your 041...:popcorn:

Ok, now don't get upset cause mine is prutier than yours,lolol

attachment.php

Ok, now don't get upset cause mine is prutier than yours,lolol

attachment.php

upset, LOLOL... you dealer folks have so many more opportunities to pry nice oldies out of da hands of innocent owners....:buttkick:

yours is indeed a nice one, must be one of the later versions, judging by the tag on the starter and the chain brake. Dayuuum, looks like your chain is missing at least a tooth....:popcorn:

btw, some of the saws shown are no longer in my collection... they are again cutting wood.

Last edited:
Here's a 041 AV Super that I restored and sold. It was super rough when I got it. I wish I still had this saw to go with my 076 AV Super
[/IMG]

I was looking forward to that saw again... superb restoration :clap: . I wish to find a super for my collection, and would like to compare it also with a regular 041, performance wise !

Here's a 041 AV Super that I restored and sold. It was super rough when I got it. I wish I still had this saw to go with my 076 AV Super

275253472_tZ39q-M.jpg

It looked like this when I got it. Paid $40 for it off Craigslist.

268132274_Lwrkq-M.jpg
268132263_8iwpD-M.jpg

Great job there.

Actually, the first version of the 041 was the 040. I just bought two older versions of the 041, but do not have my hands on them at present for various reasons. I should post pics in the next week or so.

upset, LOLOL... you dealer folks have so many more opportunities to pry nice oldies out of da hands of innocent owners....:buttkick:

yours is indeed a nice one, must be one of the later versions, judging by the tag on the starter and the chain brake. Dayuuum, looks like your chain is missing at least a tooth....:popcorn:

btw, some of the saws shown are no longer in my collection... they are again cutting wood.

Your right Belgian, I just noticed the chain, its missing a tooth. Why the low life that gave me that saw, you wait till I run into him. I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind,GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hi Belgian,
Nice collection you have. Which is your favorite?
Best wishes,
Bob

Bob, no particular favorite really, but definately a points version, and with AV. I like oldies, so probably the one in the first pic will be a keeper.

These saws still sell for good money on local fleabay. A decent runner will go up to 250 Euro here (300-350 $) This model helps funding my CAD !:givebeer:

041FB and 041AV Great sound and plenty of power for an old saw. I've taken to sneaking them out to work now and again !

Mr Snelling you turn out some outstanding work, it takes great skill to get something look like new not like it has been "done up".

Latest posts

Back