show me your 041...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trigger-Time

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
Super and AV

attachment.php

attachment.php

This FB sold for $300 plus shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270319007600&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

litefoot

litefoot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here's mine:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

LOL! Actually, I'd like to have this one but it's not mine. A Stihl dealer is selling it for $200 OBO. Send me a note if you want details. I've bought too many saws this year already. That top cover will polish up pretty nicely.

blakey

blakey

ArboristSite Operative
I don't have a picture of mine (looks identical to Mike Van's) but I have my dad's old 041 Farmboss with no antivibe in great running condition and the vibes are really out of this world. I used to run it many years ago but I don't remember it being that bad, I put an antivibe cover on the handles and wear gloves but still it is brutal. Do they get worse or am I just spoiled by the newer saws?

PatrickIreland

PatrickIreland

ArboristSite Guru
From what I see on Ebay, there are plenty of parts available! Not sure what a fair price would be, I suppose it depends totally on condition...
I've just been out in the front garden (suburban street!) cutting up old decking planks (no nails in it). Stack them 4 thick on top of an old truck tyre for ground clearance, and it just rips right through them. It's keeping the place nice and warm as I write this, a little sparky though!

I see some 041's up for sale occasionaly in my area....are the parts getting harder to come by? Also, what are fair prices to pay for one?

belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
From what I see on Ebay, there are plenty of parts available! Not sure what a fair price would be, I suppose it depends totally on condition...

+1 !

If you are a bit handy, these are nice project saws ! All the ones I found were non runners and came cheap. Apart from one bad electronic ignition, they all were brought back to life for little money ! ;)

blakey

blakey

ArboristSite Operative
I enjoy burying the bar on that 041, it just pulls and pulls. It is a little unnerving not having a hand guard or chainbrake when you are used to it. After running it my 290 feels like a Cadillac because of the vibration.

Latest posts