041 Super bar length

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
041fboss

041fboss

ArboristSite Operative
I just acquired an 041 super and wondered how long a bar can I put on it. I cut firewood for an outdoor burner and a stove in my shop and that's it. Most of my wood is dropped off by tree services and I get some good sized wood. I'm not in a hurry when I cut...so I'm concerned about a long bar getting oiled well and not punishing the old saw too bad...thanks for any advice..

041fboss

041fboss

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks for the info...I have a solid mount 041 farm boss with a 20", and a 361...I just cant get enough of the sound of the old saws....I will try a 28" and listen to it purrrr....

Rookie1

Rookie1

Addicted to ArboristSite
BIL has 041AV with 20" cuts anything with ease. A big wild cherry fell in my yard this summer so I borrowed his saw and a 24" from someone else and as long as I kept gas in it it never flinched. Mean Saw.:clap:

Trigger-Time

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had an 041FB it would pull 24" in White Oak just fine.

I have yet to run a 041 Super..........that will change though
I have Super waiting for me to install new piston and cylinder :)

041fboss

041fboss

ArboristSite Operative
Just ran the super with a 25" bar....sweet....a lot more power than an 041 or my 361 anyway....saw is in good shape runs great, but muffler has a big hole in it.......having a hard time locating one....its gone on the side..right where the spark arr. screen should be. I was going to weld a piece on but didnt know exactly how it should go back together. Will I hurt the saw running it with a double sized hole in the exhaust?
>

HittinSteel

HittinSteel

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm running the 041FB (20") also and since it is a little heavy I have been thinking of putting a 24" on it and buying a Dolmar 5100 with an 18". Add in the 210 and I think it would make a nice 3 saw plan.

Sounds like a 28" might be a possibility for the 041 also. I love this old saw and have been cutting a lot of Oak with no problems.

Last edited: