044 on ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackoak

blackoak

Addicted to ArboristSite
bullseye13

bullseye13

ArboristSite Guru
HAHAHA what a listing....typical ebay. Looks like a real beater the guy got and is trying to flip to recoup some money.... That clutch cover really makes it look like a real hack job, not to mention he cant even clean the saw before some pics. You'd be surprised what an 041 clutch cover fits on.....i remember one fitting on an 031 dont ask me how i know this :greenchainsaw:

Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
At least he gave Mike Acres credit for the info, not just cut and paste the web page into their auction like some others were doing. Still, looks like a real beater.

Ian

Banshee

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't see what the problem is. The saw is crap and he pretty much tells you so.
At least he's not like some other Ebay'er that will tell you the "saw is good working condition and cuts great."
I mean he even tells you what the compression is. I mean how many will tell you "it has good compression" and let it go at that?

The all caps and no spaces is crap though. But I don't think any bider who reads it will get a saw with any surprises. IMO

Rookie1

Rookie1

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't see what the problem is. The saw is crap and he pretty much tells you so.
At least he's not like some other Ebay'er that will tell you the "saw is good working condition and cuts great."
I mean he even tells you what the compression is. I mean how many will tell you "it has good compression" and let it go at that?

The all caps and no spaces is crap though. But I don't think any bider who reads it will get a saw with any surprises. IMO

The reason I posted the link was to show the crazy clutch cover mod and the description. It seems every time someone throws an ebay link up everybody thinks its a scam or ripoff. I wanted to make people laugh or get a headache. HeHe.:cheers:

Jacob J.
I'm with banshee. This ebayer looks like a good seller, check his feedback.

Would I buy the saw.........nope!

That guy is alright to deal with. He sold me a top handle RedMax years ago that was pretty beat-up for $40 (needed it as a parts saw). Then he threw in a handful of used 14" and 16" chains that I got a lot of use from on other saws. The chains alone were worth $40.

Banshee

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
The reason I posted the link was to show the crazy clutch cover mod and the description. It seems every time someone throws an ebay link up everybody thinks its a scam or ripoff. I wanted to make people laugh or get a headache. HeHe.:cheers:

I'm sorry my post was never meant to criticized you posting it to beginning with. If it came off that way, than it was unintentional. I was just stating my 2 cents on the saw and the seller.
I always try to respect others on here.

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
It seems like many guys here want to jump on ebay auctions and make fun of them. The auction that is mentioned in the listing is for a straight up saw. He told you what the saw is: nothing more nothing less. It is a turd and he tells you that. It is not a diamond in the rough. It is just plain rough. You know that as the listing shows that.

I consider Roger a good friend and it you are seriously interested in the saw then let me know and I will send you his number. We race against each other at shows and he is a great guy.

Bill