044 Tank handle repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I used my 044 yesterday, under hurried circumstances, as teh ground man on the big tree removal. I noticed that my handle crack is now complete, and there is a chunk missing. Must have banged it into something. This is my favorite saw, so I will be performing the redneck/Lakeside handle repair procedure, utilizing such exotic materials as 16d galv. box nails, a soldering iron, and JB Weld. I promise to post pics. It will be good as new, and the wieght increase will be negligible. Will post a pic of the break tonight.

I have a new way that is easier....

Instead of 16D nails... use a loop of 1/8 or smailer stainless braided cable... Much easier to lay in place, and you can even hold it with the 'soldering iron" tacked into the nylon.

I guess it all depends on the nature of your break.

Braided makes it very easy to lay in, and... Once the epoxy is set it's only in tension. The epoxy will hold it all togther nicely...

I have some very nice 1/16 braided stainless - two of three on each side (loop wound three times) would be very nice.

The nail idea works well for most cases.

Latest posts

Back