050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I have now, Trying to convert the starter to the pawl stlye to accomodate new pawl magneto,... Thank you

Not sure how many more ways it can be said, but that "conversion" isn't exactly a cut and dried easy swap of the flywheel and ignition. The whole tank/recoil assembly will need to go and be replaced with the later version of the whole deal from what I can figure out.

And as also mentioned previously, just replacing the disc style recoil setup would be a helluva lot easier, cheaper, and probably a faster way to get ya back in bizness. Hell, the repair kit for that recoil may still be available if ya check with the right dealer with the right connections to the regional distributor in your area.

BTW, I saw ya had a request out over in the MediaCAT thread for some support there. Anyone ever get back to ya on that? I can hook ya up if not.

Pogo Im kind of Stuck as Ive never seen the wapsa (newer style) flwheel withe older cup starter for sale. It must have been a one year inbetweener,...? IDK??? Any way fact is I have a newer style ignition (that tried and tested) that I just bought a newer style flywheel for (pawl style) and my hard Irish head is going to make it work come hell or high water :) lol!! I guess I need the newer style outer case, not sure,... Shawns working on it for me, got to give him credit!! But no I still dont have mediacat and would love some help. And I'm happy to give back anyway I can!! Thanks!!

Pogo Im kind of Stuck as Ive never seen the wapsa (newer style) flwheel withe older cup starter for sale. It must have been a one year inbetweener,...? IDK??? Any way fact is I have a newer style ignition (that tried and tested) that I just bought a newer style flywheel for (pawl style) and my hard Irish head is going to make it work come hell or high water :) lol!! I guess I need the newer style outer case, not sure,... Shawns working on it for me, got to give him credit!! But no I still dont have mediacat and would love some help. And I'm happy to give back anyway I can!! Thanks!!

Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll get a copy of MediaCAT headed your way. I've gone way beyond the call of duty in the spirit of that thread already, but noticed nobody seemed to come to the plate to handle your request.

But hey, 1111 brethren need to stick together cuz there just ain't that many of us left out here, right?:)

Cheers!

I bought it years ago to replace the Wapsa with the broken fins. As we disscussed earlier, it did start and run the saw but the top end was whacky, all over the place. Im just trying to cross reference the numbers of whatever it is to the right Stihl part number. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back