050? conversion to 075

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urstadt

Reaction score
I have a 1111 series Stihl. No nameplate on top cover. No manual Oiler, no chain break. No provision for hand guard. Top fill oil tank. 52 mm cylinder. 050 fan cover. I’m reasonably sure it’s an 050 with pin drive oil worm drive washer. Can this be converted to an 075 by adding studs, new cyl and piston, and drilling case and mount a manual Oiler? One more thing, will the 050 fan blow enough air over the larger cylinder and still run cool? Would an 075 fan and fuel tank mount to this old 050

Welcome to the Arborist Site.....
I mocked it up once on an earlier 051.
It wouldn't fit because of the transfer ports hitting the fan side of the crankcase.
That may have been because of the cylinder I used was an aftermarket one though.
These 1111 series saws changed subtly over the years. It may be possible for some of the later 051's to be converted to 076's.

There are several in depth threads on this very subject.
Do a search on here for an 075/076 crankcase. You'll probably save yourself a headache or two.

The 075/076 intake, muffler, and corresponding gaskets are different too.
If it were me, I'd keep a search alert on some of your local craigslist/offerup/letgo apps and be patient.
The trading post on here may yield some parts too.
Good Luck.....

Hi, I just picked up an old 050av and have been reading the threads on conversion to 075/076.
From my understanding there are different crankcase version that people are describing. Has anyone a photo of different crankcases?
I would like to attempt the conversion, But have a feeling the 050 can’t be converted?

Cheers

Not worth it.
Lots of design changes, lower transfer ports on 075 hits the crankcase on some models of 051. Completely different intake blocks, exhaust ports, and thus different mufflers. Decompression valves changed over the years, as well as pto bearings, and ignitions. Have to tap the cylinder bolts to 6mm, and add studs, and add the supplemental oiler hardware.
Bla, blah, bla. Just find a rebuildable 075/076. They're out there, just keep looking in the right places.

Latest posts

Back