056 Bosch Ign//+ bare wire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregz

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My 056 has the bosch ign. It has good spark and the saw seems to run good. New filters, fresh gas so far so good.
Cold weekend so I decided to clean it. I found the kill switch has bare wire up towards the switch ,seems to be fine all the way down to the coil.
I cut and wraped some shrink wrap and was able to cover it all securely. Is the bare wire a major issue????
What should I expect with the bosch. It has been working fine sincenew .Will it last or am I dooomed??? I pretty sure i found a complete working SEM for insurance
Here is bare wire
cheers
saw040.jpg

The bare wire is an issue. I am surprised it ran that way at all. Is the ground wire broken? Does the switch work? The covering of the wires is a problem in those old ignitions. They just get rotten and chip apart. I would put shrink tubing all the way down to the crankcase where the switch wire comes out. The covering that is left on it will do the same thing as the top part did soon enuff.

The bare wire is an issue. I am surprised it ran that way at all. Is the ground wire broken? Does the switch work? The covering of the wires is a problem in those old ignitions. They just get rotten and chip apart. I would put shrink tubing all the way down to the crankcase where the switch wire comes out. The covering that is left on it will do the same thing as the top part did soon enuff.

:agree2:

Good post

You can order a new kill wire from your Stihl dealer I think it's less than a few bucks...... Just replace the whole thing and get it over with. :cheers:

:agree2:

Good post

You can order a new kill wire from your Stihl dealer I think it's less than a few bucks...... Just replace the whole thing and get it over with. :cheers:

On that ignition the wire comes straight out of the ignition. It is not a seperate wire that can be replaced.

I supose you could splice in a new wire but not right out of the ignition.

If you do try that be very careful because the wire comes out under the ignition and lies between it and the crankcase. Do not pinch it. Use shrink tubing to cover the splice, and use some sort of RTV silicone to seal, no shorts.

And do not knock off the covering of the switch wire where it bends out of the ignition. You will be all done if you do.

Latest posts

Back