056 Head Scratcher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stroker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,
I acquired an 056 in decent shape. The previous owner said it had spark problems, so I assumed a Bosch Electronic System and was correct.
But we have spark- Good blue spark!!! But it still won't fire even with a squirt of fuel in the carb. We checked the fly wheel to see if it moved to affect timing, nope, key is in good shape. Changed Plugs-Nope. Heck the guy helping me just happened to have an extra flywheel so we traded it out-Nope.
We think it's a timing issue and it must be waaaayyy out of sync to not even sputter or try and break your hand if it was firing too early, but NOPE.
Any ideas??
Regards,
Don

Low compression will make it not fire. Real quick check is squirt some oil in sparkplug hole and roll engine over put in plug and see if it starts. The oil will help the rings seal better. :)

Don, I am in the same hole. I have an 056 super in the corner waiting for more work. It had a minor seize and I assumed that is why it wouldn't run in the first place. So I cleaned up everything really good and feels like it has nice comp now. Spark is good. Now the damn carb is flooding out the saw. I think a rebuild will be in order and cleaning of the gas tank vent.

Latest posts

Back