056 magnum av question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramsportman

Reaction score
I had a 056 magnum given to me in non running condition. It is low on compression and in need of a rebuild. Can somebody tell me what cc and bore this saw has as I keep coming up empty handed on my searches. Any pointers on where to find a cylinder and piston for this bad boy as I'd love for it to breath fire again.

The 056 Magnum is around 94cc with a 56mm bore... Magnum 56mm cylinder kits are getting very hard to find these days.
The SEM ignition can also be troublesome on these saws, I would suggest you first make sure the saw has spark, then look into the compression problem.
If you can, remove the muffler and post some pics of the piston & cylinder.

Piston is missing a piece around the top ring land. The head ofr top of cylinder is beat up and walls has some scouring. Will need a new cylinder and piston unfortunately.

A Magnum, not a Magnum II, is the 87 cc variant with the 54mm piston and cylinder. If you can clean up the cylinder I imagine a piston won't be too hard to come by.
I totally agree. Scuff up the cylinder find a piston with or without rings some sealer and you are good to go. Rings are available but you might have to hunt for some. Mine have been reliable easy to work on with plenty of punch. Thanks

Latest posts

Back