064 clutch side bearing ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mheim1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Am I wasting my time with this thing?
Please take a look at the picture; bubbles on the outer ring of the bearing (blue circles).
Put a mark on it (red circles) and rotated :confused:.
Will a new bearing do the same?
Is the crankcase "worn out"?
Appreciate any input.
attachment.php

It does not look good. You will have to take it completely apart to access the damage. Lock-tite makes a special bearing and stud mounting sealer that may fix it. Again takes complete dissassembly. If you value the saw at all don't use it anymore in that condition,

Not using this saw at all until it's completely fixed.
I was just hoping to replace the seals and everything would be fine.
Guess I have to split the case now.
:mad:

Ewwwwwwwww that thing looks like its been rigged up. The right side of the bearing looks as though someone tried to fill in around it with a some sort of clear sealant. Where'd ya get that saw from??

Ewwwwwwwww that thing looks like its been rigged up. The right side of the bearing looks as though someone tried to fill in around it with a some sort of clear sealant. Where'd ya get that saw from??

That was just the dish soap to create the bubbles.
This close-up describes it a little better.
attachment.php

I got this saw last year of e-bay expecting only the oil pump being shot (which turned out just being the line).
Piston and cylinder looks great though.
Maybe I have to try some loctite after splitting the case; but I'm still a little worried about a potential leak then.
:cry:

That was just the dish soap to create the bubbles.
This close-up describes it a little better.
attachment.php

I got this saw last year of e-bay expecting only the oil pump being shot (which turned out just being the line).
Piston and cylinder looks great though.
Maybe I have to try some loctite after splitting the case; but I'm still a little worried about a potential leak then.
:cry:

Awwww ok, you had me scratching my head wondering is that case really that bad.

Loctite may well be the answer. Are you taking it apart because the bearing is bad or because of those leaks??

???
It was unable to hold pressure, the bearing rotates freely in the crankcase.
The bearing itself seems tight, but the crank has movement (due to the loose bearing fit, I assume).

Replace it ...........I have a couple 036 cases that the idiot was running the rakers way down on and you can wiggle the clutchside of the crank really good .......I guess some people cant feel a really grabby chain ....

Update on the 064:
Split the case and pressed the bearing out.
Now I'm even more confused:
attachment.php

The bearing was sitting tight in that metal ring which is rotating in the case.
Somebody please tell me if that is normal and/or if it is fixable.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back