Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grommet

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I bought a 064 today and it was in rough cosmetic condition but compression 160 so I took a chance. Got home pulled side cover and noticed the sprocket free wheels either direction. Was hoping for some input on where to start.

Yep it should

The sprocket should free wheel either way.Its a centrifugal clutch,needs RPM to make it work.Check it for spark,put in some fresh premix and try to start it.If its been sitting awhile dribble alittle down the carb first.NO starting fluid,no lubrication in it.
Good luck,I have one on the bench I haven't found the time to dig into it yet.
Russ

The sprocket should free wheel either way.Its a centrifugal clutch,needs RPM to make it work.Check it for spark,put in some fresh premix and try to start it.If its been sitting awhile dribble alittle down the carb first.NO starting fluid,no lubrication in it.
Russ

I put fresh mix into it and she lit off on 3rd pull, Just need to pretty it up some after basic tune, I cant wait to make some chips.

Russ

Well put... I was gonna say the same thing but you beat me to it!

Latest posts

Back