064av parts availabilty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
99% sure all parts are still available........some parts may have changed over
the years, like when they changed metal air filter cover, metal one may not be available..........but I have been wrong before

I did buy OEM 064 Piston and cylinder kit this year.
What parts do you need?

trigger thanks for the input. i picked up a 064av free from a friend. the saw looks like a wreck. i havent ripped into it yet,so i dont know what it needs. i was just wondering where to look when the time comes.

If you are going to pull clutch, do it before pulling cylinder off.
Is their any play in crank bearings?
How does the piston & cylinder look, what you can see of it?

I wouldn't get too worried about the condition until you tear it all the way down and clean it up, then you can realy see what you have. I would definitely throw some money into making it run. I beat you can find a lot of used parts out there for it, you just have to hunt.

Good luck and keep us updated.

well i got it apart, piston is shot,rings are stuck in the grooves only on the exhaust side, slight scuffing on cylinder, cylinder might be salvageable. I'm going to hone it a bit to see if it cleans up, bearings look OK.

any ideas what at piston and cylinder kit goes for?

well i got it apart, piston is shot,rings are stuck in the grooves only on the exhaust side, slight scuffing on cylinder, cylinder might be salvageable. I'm going to hone it a bit to see if it cleans up, bearings look OK.

I think MSRP was $225 when I bought mine.

Did it have a metal cylinder gasket? It don't matter, but if it did
I think some one has been in it before.

Before you get to far into it, check the main bearings and crank...

i looked at the bearings on the entire rotating assembly, they look good, spin freely (no binding or rough spots), they dont seem to have excessive play.

the gasket at the base of the cylinder was a paper or fiber of some sort.

A problem I had with the 064/066 was spinning a bearing in the case, which causes the bushing on the clutch side of the cases to become loose and cause an air leak. Check the crank for end play. Lost a few big end bearings on the crank also, but never broke one.

i have no play in any of the side bearings, i have a little play in the big end of the connecting rod, very little.

what should i do with the paint/coating inside the crankcase? its flaking off. i'll remove all the loose stuff, but does it need to be recoated?

thanks!

another question. when i got the saw, it was missing an air filter and cover. the ipl i have (for the 064) lists 3 different covers and 3 different air filters. any ideas as to which ones i need to get.

i would like to put the hd filter like my newer saws if possible.

Latest posts

Back