066 christmas cookies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
its a crudy vid cutn small knotty wood with a long bar32" it did put a perma grin on my face

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/Evan03_photo/saw%20vids/GEDC1823.flv">

i cant wait to get this into wood past the tip

Looks Good

Now put a 20" with a 9 or 10 pin and have some real fun !!

Nothing like displacement.

i dont know what its wrapn out at. its burbning real heavy wot and goes away when i lean on it real hard. it was burbln in the cut everyounce inawhile. havent realy tuned it yet but its running good enough that it kinda amzed me.

its going to be a blast bucking up 30" plus firewood

thank you
it still needs some tlc. it needs a clutch hub and a new clutch or maybe just clutch springs

i was watchn the vid and wonderin why the chips werent going down, finaly donned on me that the clutch cover is missing the big mud flap.

Last edited:
thank you
it still needs some tlc. it needs a clutch hub and a new clutch or maybe just clutch springs

i was watchn the vid and wonderin why the chips werent going down, finaly donned on me that the clutch cover is missing the big mud flap.

I'm happy you got the big saw.

I really like my 660 and am working on a wood trade for a old 066 right now, its been under a shelf at a small engine shop for 6 years and ugly. I have never seen a saw this rough. Pics when I get it home. I have been trying to buy it for 2 years, but he wouldn't price it finally said the other day he wanted wood.

When you gona update that signature.

Evan, cheers buddy its about time:clap: kinda looks like you might need to take some raker out of that chain, IDK, nice saw though, and BTW as you are now a member of the 90+ club you are no longer allowed to refer to a
32inch bar as "long" lol

i didnt have much time to post yesterday so i didnt say much.

afte cutn these few cookies im not sure i see to awfull much reason to port it it yet. it freakn hogs through the wood. ill have to find some bigger wood to get it in to tell for sure, wich may be spring time when i start cutn again.

it didnt seem to vibrate very bad atall, either maybe this is because the rubber av mounts are good n broke in or im just tough or maybe im used to it from running the 044 and 440 all summer.

saw realy feels good in the cut, lots of tourgue. i could dawg it very hard and shed just keep on going.

stihlboy
i built a 084 awhile back and it just want the saw for me. i refreshed the top end with a new piston and ported it. the saw pulled 175lbs of compression and was a screamer. but very heavy even with just a short 32" bar. it just didnt suit me well since im on 5'7" and 150lbs. the 066 feels much more managable with the 32" then 084 did. im thinking about 32" rw bar but we will see.

thanks for the compliments on the saw.

i think im going to like this thing alot and get alot of use out of it.

thanks

Evan

you like 32'' on a 066....................................................................................................................................................................... i like 64''!

066-64.jpg

ill end up with 42" as my longest bar. i havetn come across a tree were a 64" bar would be usefull. the tree would need to be about 100"s for me to use a 64" bar

yeah acording to the fileOplate my chain could have the rakers slightly lowered. its pretty new oregon chain. the fileOplate says i dould lowere the rakers on a out of the box oregon lgx chain.

the chain in vid is a full skip round full chisel oregon its veen sharpend a few times so yeah the rakers are likely in need of a tune up

Last edited:
ill end up with 42" as my longest bar. i havetn come across a tree were a 64" bar would be usefull. the tree would need to be about 100"s for me to use a 64" bar

I can't rep you but I'm with the 42 is plenty. I don't want to pick on anything bigger.

lol yeah
honestly i can pick on plenty big enough trees with 28" bar. even the 28" can get some big trees on the ground but lots of time is then saved buckking from one side of the tree with the 32 or 42"

Looking good there. It looks like you'll get some good use out of it.

thanks
the amount of tourque is amazeing evn thouhg it was kinda silly even running it in wood this small.

Back