066 gas cap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlboy

Guess who's back
Reaction score
hey guys what are the comon problems with these caps? the center of mine is breaking away from the outer edge anybody have one that i can have? im spilling gas and i need a cap asap i am willing to trade

what the H*** are these flippy cap things? they look weak

They are weak. But I've been running them since before you ever touched a saw and I only have a few pairs of oil-soaked pants and chaps and some replaced o-rings to show for them. You can't get them for your 066 and I can only get them for a lot of my saws. They're progress, I guess. They're really not that fragile, but sometimes you'll dump a load on your leg because you weren't paying attention.

They are weak. But I've been running them since before you ever touched a saw and I only have a few pairs of oil-soaked pants and chaps and some replaced o-rings to show for them. You can't get them for your 066 and I can only get them for a lot of my saws. They're progress, I guess. They're really not that fragile, but sometimes you'll dump a load on your leg because you weren't paying attention.

i got my first saw when i was 11... i started out young
it was an 028 stihl and i was a boy Hence Stihlboy

Last edited:
I'll call it a tie. But anyway, the flippy caps really aren't as bad as people, including me, make them out to be. Once you quit trusting your groundies you've already won half the battle.

how did you break a normal cap??
not sure how it happened but i got the saw off ebay and when i filled it up it only leaked a little but i thought i had just spilled the gas. well that was a while ago and today i was with Kallaste at his house and i filled it up and then i noticed a leak i wiped it off and set it down and watched and it leaks from the seam of the hex threaded center and the outer ring.. my guess is it got over-tightened

Is it the cap that's coming apart..........or is it just the gasket?

Screw in cap's have a gasket.

Normal people have a drawer labeled "Stihl O-rings." Some other less normal people have two drawers. It gets worse from there.

Latest posts

Back