066 gas cap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys what are the comon problems with these caps? the center of mine is breaking away from the outer edge

You are tightening it too tight if the center is breaking out.

Just keep the gasket clean and just snug it.Finger tight only and don't use the scrench for tightening. I see guys do that and they wonder why they keep breaking caps.

Stihl had specific directions for tightening the screw on caps. They had loosened on many saws and the saws caught fire. Still I only finger tighten mine and use a scrench to loosen it. The cap gaskets last a few years and then need replacement. Such is life.

$8.29 just got one. now he said bar studs are $5.36 each and $19.99 for the chain tensioner assembly are his prices high or is it me??

$8.29 just got one. now he said bar studs are $5.36 each and $19.99 for the chain tensioner assembly are his prices high or is it me??

high....

We sell caps at MSRP for $6.50, and studs for $4, 13.60 for the tensioner assy...but we are in the PNW...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back