066 leaking fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy steve

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok I bought a used tank on EBay. It's a good one doesn't leak. I didn't notice the difference in on off kill switch being different . Even though I'm not using that part of it. Is the tank and frame the same as mine? Here is a couple pics. First is my saw. Second is other tank frame I bought.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    747.5 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    840.5 KB · Views: 26
I think you will find the airbox is wider on the saw in the pict with the airfilter cover on it, the pict of the one with the airfilter cover off is older and usually narrower at the airbox and the switches may not interchange.

you have a newer poly flywheel 066 which is the same as a 660. the tank has an early tank vent and the early black master switch which would be from an early poly flywheel 066. it will bolt up and work with the correct AF cover and filter backing plate if you don't care about looks. i have a early AF cover and backing plate or a complete 660 tank i would sell if you decide you care about the looks of it.

I'm looking at this match up here and if you're ok with it sticking out 1/4 inch then there are only two thin spots around the vent area to relieve for it to sit down right. All the holes line up except for the one on the far left. It appears the width they added was only to the left side. The control switches are interchangeable with the fuel tank base but not the orange filter bases. So you'll be able to run the switch lever and all trigger parts from your 660.
2016-04-14 01.08.18.jpg 2016-04-14 01.08.55.jpg

I know this is a tank/handle from the earlier model, but it fits the same as the later flat top handle with the see through tank.

I like to pigtail an echo vent in place of those crappy epa vents on my saws. You can jam a barb down the hole after you pull the epa filter out to connect the pigtail or just poke the fuel line the echo vent is connected to down the hole and it should fit snug if the line is thick enough. Their little cap is removable so you can take it apart to make the airway bigger for more flow.
You can even seal the original hole and locate it somewhere else out of the way.
$_35 (3).JPG

Latest posts

Back