??? 066 Mtronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think theres a good real reason to, older 066 has plenty of power, for many the issue is the vibration, so spending a lot on flywheels, coils, carbs, etc and still have the old rubber buffers doesn't appeal. NOW some have converted a 661 m-tronic to reg carb, which would have low vibs and good power, i wouldn't mind trying one out, they have them like that straight from Stihl oversees but a lot of money to get it shipped here. In certain conditions non-mtronic may work better, hence they brought back some models in the US without it.

Yes it's possible. One thing is the mtronic coil has to be adapted to fit.
It's not mine but one is in the works. Just cause I guess

It can definitely be done. I think converting to the fuel injection setup stihl has would be fun to try as well. I've been thinking about fitting autotune on one of my saws just to try it.

It is nice not to worry about tuning. The Rough estimate on parts was $400. Best way is find a crushed 661

I messaged a member here a couple months ago about converting a 441 to an m-tronic but didn't get a reply back. I searched all over the Internet about even a sliver of information on this topic but found nothing. I'm very interested to see if anyone on here has more info or experience with this. Thanks.

It looks like The 441 is more expensive than the 660 to convert. Just the carb is $230 if your dealer went by the retail prices. Total would be around 550-600 for new parts.

Hey that's your saw? That's the saw I was saying was in the works. Good build

I heard there may be a build thread on another site once it's up and going ,i would not want to get anyone's hopes up though ,it's just what i heard .Would make a cool thread though ,like the preacher said ,i have not seen anything like this on the saw sites before .

I heard there may be a build thread on another site once it's up and going ,i would not want to get anyone's hopes up though ,it's just what i heard .Would make a cool thread though ,like the preacher said ,i have not seen anything like this on the saw sites before .
Post a link if it happens...

Not sure that is kosher with the @mods here. But I’d definitely be interested in more details.

Back