076 Cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl051master

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting one of these cylinders http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330100742988&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014
on my 051 (since the stock p/c has met its Waterloo). Does anyone have any experience with these aftermarket cylinders, or is it a stupid piece of fecal matter that will break in half and send the piston careening off the rod into my face ruining any chance of a career in modeling? I know genuine Stihl parts are better quality, but I just can't justify taking out a second mortgage so I can afford parts on a saw I paid $40 for (that really is in good shape and WAS running....)? Any ideas on where I can get some cylinder studs for an 076 also? Ebay has turned up fruitless, and I live a long ways from the dealer, especially when gas is $3.32 a gallon. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a ported 076 cylinder I will sell you for 30 bucks shipped.

Mike 1 530 927 9827

I have a ported 076 cylinder I will sell you for 30 bucks shipped.

Mike 1 530 927 9827

Man, where were you two weeks ago when I needed one. Now my 076 is an 051. Anyone else have a 075/076 cylinder?

I'm getting a guinea pig 051 case this sunday, i'm going to drill and tap 6mm threads in it prior to butchering up a nearly 051 I have. I think the aftermarket ts760 topend will work fine as long as the piston cylinder clearences are on. I bought new studs through the dealer.

I'm getting a guinea pig 051 case this sunday, i'm going to drill and tap 6mm threads in it prior to butchering up a nearly 051 I have. I think the aftermarket ts760 topend will work fine as long as the piston cylinder clearences are on. I bought new studs through the dealer.

I did the opposite to mine a few weeks ago and it works fine. I fired the cylinder in the 075 and got a hold of a piston/cylinder from and 051 and bolted it up. The only difference was the mufflers were not interchangeable but I had the 051 muffler too so I used that.

Back