076AV medium well done

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rep to you and points for trying! I think I would have walked away from that saw and never given it a second look. Get it tuned up but leave it in Mad Max trim so you're ready to cut wood after the next end-of-the-world blow-up!

holy crap man sharpen your chain!:jawdrop:

a saw survives a bushfire and still someone has to take a shot at the chain, im amazed it runs so well, great work and i think it should be in a new stihl add for sure:cheers:

a saw survives a bushfire and still someone has to take a shot at the chain, im amazed it runs so well, great work and i think it should be in a new stihl add for sure:cheers:

jeez just poking fun dont get all ruffled up. it is impresive, must have been a quick burn because the plastics survived, but nonetheless, a stihl commercial for sure! you really should contact them.

That is truely amazing that thing runs at all! It does appear to be WAY down on power though. Looks like throttle accelleration is real poor as well. I'd be doing some more investigation before I ran it any more. P&Cs are getting harder to come by for some of those.

i hot a buddy with a 076 but the cutoff saw version, wonder if he could get some real coin out of parting it out, he is trying to convert it to a chinsaw, but alas, no oiler so it is mill duty only, but he might raise some funds for another saw by parting it out, what does a P+C go for?

i hot a buddy with a 076 but the cutoff saw version, wonder if he could get some real coin out of parting it out, he is trying to convert it to a chinsaw, but alas, no oiler so it is mill duty only, but he might raise some funds for another saw by parting it out, what does a P+C go for?

That was SOP for along time. The Cutoff versions were chopped up and used to put old 76's back to work. I'm thinking his cutoff saw is worth more than the chainsaw...not many of them survived.

was going to contact stihl for that reason but thought it would be to much effort, have been told stihl are a bunch of a holes to deal with (at least australia) Bugger it i think it would look good as a part time saw and to hang in my bar.
BUT........... If you guys have some good contacts to stihl well maybe........

I do like the old girl though.

This Stihl 076AV was found by it's owner after our bushfires last summer.

It still runs.

picture.php

belongs in the hot saw section

Latest posts

Back