084 parts availabilty? is the Lack of parts good reason to pass on the saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quietfly

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking at picking up an 084 for milling but have been discouraged by the feedback about lack of parts.
A call to the local Stihl dealer in town and he told me there are only a few things available but most things are not. he told me to check out Ebay, and craigslist. He also told me that if it were him he'd look for a new saw with parts that are readily available.
I'd like to get a feel from the general forum what they think not about the saw, but more about the parts availability, and longevity of the saws.

thanks!

-Chris

There good saws for milling. But you will sink some major coin into one.
I myself if I was going to do it again would have bought a ms880 and have it ported just to be able to locate parts.
the muffler on a 084 is like a gold bar in value. If you can get into a 084 for cheap you would be noticing how much your original cost grows into a money pit

i'm not looking to buy it as an investment, but to use in a chainsaw mill once a week on Maple, Beech, Oak and Sassafras

Latest posts

Back