Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brncreeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got the 088 unwrapped yesterday. The box was delivered split on two sides, and foam chips falling out LOL! Fortunately nothing got lost or damaged. The saw had been used by a home owner for a storm cleanup in 02 and then put into storage. The gas was soured and stunk pretty bad. I haven’t had a chance to start it yet, maybe later this week.

My wallets not only hurting, it’s empty!:help: :hmm3grin2orange:
I don’t think you have to worry Brad, I saw one of your 084’s sell pretty fast on the trading post.

Why in the world would you order it with 3/8 chain and a hard nose bar?:dizzy:

Last edited:
Great saw and great stove

I think you got a great saw there. I also see in the background that you have a Woodland stove. I have one of those that we use to heat my wife's fused glass studio. Those are great stoves, especially when the weather sinks below zero like it has for the last couple of days. I love to go out to the studio in the morning to put wood in. When you open the door that warm air just settles on you like a down comforter. JR

I think you got a great saw there. I also see in the background that you have a Woodland stove. I have one of those that we use to heat my wife's fused glass studio. Those are great stoves, especially when the weather sinks below zero like it has for the last couple of days. I love to go out to the studio in the morning to put wood in. When you open the door that warm air just settles on you like a down comforter. JR

Thanks, mines a mess right now but I’ve been really feeding it the oak with these sub zero nights. It sits down in the basement but warms the entire upstairs as well. The Woodlands are sure well built.

That's a really nice 088 you got there brncreeper. But for $1300, I think I'll just get my 660, as I can make more money with it. But after I get it I'm gonna get those big saws. 084's 2100's, 166's.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

I still envy these guys with 084’s, to me they look a little better than the 080/880. The 088 was redesigned with improvements though: better connecting rod, better flywheel, higher compression, and more of a straight shot from carburetor to cylinder. The parts being scarce will always haunt the 084 before the 088/880.
IMO, the 088 is better than the 880 because of the limiter on the coil. The fill caps on the 088 are better than the 880 (imo).:)

I still envy these guys with 084’s, to me they look a little better than the 080/880. The 088 was redesigned with improvements though: better connecting rod, better flywheel, higher compression, and more of a straight shot from carburetor to cylinder. The parts being scarce will always haunt the 084 before the 088/880.
IMO, the 088 is better than the 880 because of the limiter on the coil. The fill caps on the 088 are better than the 880 (imo).:)

I'd sooner have a 084, 088 before an 880, cause I don't want to shell out $1800 on a saw I'll prolly won't cut with enough to get broke in.LOL Cause I'll only use it on the big trees, and that's only every once in awhile. I'm gonna get 1......or 2........or.....LOL!!!:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Be very careful tuning .. a lot of the 088 have limited coils also... I have one... about the same age as yours.

Back